Office Phone Number: (620) 947-3188
The annual City-wide Clean-up for the City of Hillsboro is held in the spring. These days are set aside for residents of Hillsboro to dispose of extra trash and small limbs at no extra charge. Items will be collected curbside ONCE on the same day as your trash is collected. Do NOT place trash and bulky items next to the trash cart – leave a 5’ separation.
Your trash must be bagged, boxed or bundled or it will not be picked up.
- Branches and trash need to be separated and in different piles.
- Concrete will not be picked up. Please call City Hall if you need to dispose of concrete.
- Hazardous materials will not be picked up. Paint, batteries, vehicle oil and other household hazardous material can be disposed of at the Marion County Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
(620-382-3190) at 141 N. Coble in Marion Monday-Friday.
- Recyclable materials will not be picked up as part of the three days of City-wide Clean-up. Please use the City’s recycle center under the small water tower in the 100 block of North Birch. It is open every day of the week. Normal recycling will be collected on October 1st and 2nd
- Woody shrubs and tree branches may be disposed of at the City tree dump, located at 210th and Indigo. The site is open every day. Branches and small tree limbs left on the curb for pick up will be loaded with heavy equipment from the street. Do not stack next to mailboxes, electric poles, gas or water meters, trees or other landscaping. Bundle and tie small branches and limbs for easy pick up.
- Leaves and grass clippings will not be picked up. Please use the City’s compost facility that is open every day. The location for the compost facility is at East Orchard Drive, just south of Midway Motors. Look for the directional signage.
- There will be no alley pick up during Clean-up Days.
- Do not overfill trash barrels and polycarts for the safety of our workers. Homemade 55 gallon trash barrels will not be dumped.
- Landlords: The City will only pick up trash or limbs generated by your tenants.
- Do not set out entire sheds or buildings, large trees, chunks of concrete, etc. Remember that if it cannot be picked up by our workers, we will not dispose of your trash. We may refuse any large items. If you do need assistance with disposal of large items, or have questions about what you want to set out, please call City Hall and they will help you make arrangements.
- Tire disposal must be paid for in advance at City Hall. Car and pick up tires are $3.00 each and semi-truck tires are $9.00 each.
- Appliance pick up is free during Clean-up Days. Please call City Hall to schedule.
- Commercial properties aren’t included in the Residential Clean-up Days and extra trash will be billed appropriately at these locations. Hillsboro City Hall – 620/947-3162