The annual “Clean-up Week” for the city of Hillsboro has been set for April 22nd – 26th (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.). This week is set aside for residents of Hillsboro to dispose of extra trash/limbs at no charge. *There are a few exceptions. Appointments are not necessary; items will be collected on the same day as your trash is picked up (ONE-TIME ONLY). Please place items in the same location as your trash is collected by 8:00 a.m.
- Please have trash bagged, boxed or bundled.
- Branch & trash piles need to be separate. After Spring Clean-up Week, branches will no longer be collected.
- Concrete will not be picked up.
- Hazardous materials (paint, batteries, vehicle oil, etc) will not be picked up – please dispose of hazardous materials at the city’s recycling center (100 block of N. Birch) on Thursdays, 5-7 p.m. or Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PLEASE ALSO USE THE RECYCLE CENTER FOR CARDBOARD, NEWSPAPERS, GLASS, PLASTICS & METALS. This will cut down on the amount of waste to the landfill.
- City tree dump will be open during Clean-up Week for tree branches. Please use Hillsboro’s compost site (N. Adams) for grass clippings, shrubs, leaves, dead flowers and corn stalks. LEAVES & GRASS CLIPPINGS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- PLEASE DON’T OVERFILL TRASH BARRELS & POLYCARTS. KEEP IN MIND THAT MANY TIMES, ONLY ONE PERSON WILL BE DOING THE LIFTING.
- If you wish to have construction & demolition materials collected, call Waste Connections, Inc. at 316-838-4920. You may also take the materials to the county transfer station in Marion (620-382-5655).
*Please pay in advance at City Hall for tire disposal (car/ pick-up truck tires - $2.50 & semi-truck tires - $6.50). There is not a charge for appliances, but please contact City Hall to schedule a pick-up.
Call City Hall with questions – 947-3162.